We have openings in our service department!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repairs manual and automatic transmissions in automobiles, buses,
trucks, and other automotive vehicles: Raises automotive vehicle, using
jacks or hoists, and removes transmission, using mechanic's hand tools.
- Disassembles transmission unit and replaces broken or worn parts, such as bands, gears, seals, and valves.
- Adjusts pumps, bands, and gears as required, using wrenches.
- Installs repaired transmission and fills it with specified fluid.
- Adjusts operating linkage and tests operation on road.
- May specialize in repair of automatic transmissions and be designated Automatic-Transmission Mechanic.
- Communicate appropriate customer vehicle repair and maintenance recommendations to the service advisor liaison.
- Utilizes all available information to ensure proper resolution.
- Completes orders within specified time frame and notifies appropriate personnel if otherwise.
- Coordinates with the Parts Department to ensure availability of parts.
- Completes all repair orders according to dealership policy.
- Reviews and evaluates service write-up to determine if additional information is necessary.
- Understands and uses new systems or processes implemented by the dealership.
- Understands and complies with federal, state, and local
regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal,
OSHA, Right-to-Know, etc.
- Presents self as a positive role model by demonstrating commitment to the Service Department, customers, dealership and company.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within the Service Department and other departments.
- Communicates verbally and non-verbally clearly, concisely and with enthusiasm in one-on-one and group interactions.
- Listens actively to understand others completely.
- Assists Service Advisors to explain repairs to customers as needed.
- Assists other technicians as needed.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Ensures that customer complaints are handled tactfully, promptly,
with genuine concern, and according to dealership's guidelines.
- Takes the initiative to exceed customer satisfaction, even if it requires overcoming obstacles.
- Provides clear and legible record of service completed for both customer and dealership use.
- Collects the necessary information (e.g., model year, etc.) before requesting parts.
- Submits all claims promptly.
- Performs road tests to ensure repairs are completed properly.
- Ensures the cleanliness of customers' vehicles.
- Performs multiple tasks simultaneously in order to meet and exceed deadlines and expectations.
- Prioritizes work to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Seeks new and challenging responsibilities.
- Performs preventive maintenance, cleaning and repairs of dealership tools and equipment.
- Diagnoses vehicles using appropriate tools, equipment and resources.
- Provides technical advice and information to others as needed.
- Keeps up-to-date on all industry information.
- Strives to increase technical knowledge (e.g., obtaining certifications).
- Walking about the dealership
- Using hand and/or power tools and equipment consistent with industry standards
- Bending, stretching, crawling, reaching and climbing
- Lifting up to 70 lbs.
- Using physical and manual dexterity
- Using computers to look up and enter data
- Basic mechanical understanding of an automobile.
- Experience as an express/quick lube technician preferred but not required.
- Operate a wide variety of cars, light trucks, and vans, with ability to drive both manual and automatic transmissions.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- A team player who is focused on providing exemplary customer service.
*Level 3 Transmission Technician is up to $45/hour Depending on Experience*
This job requires a valid driver's license
You will be required to complete a drug screening & background check
Job Type: Full-time