We have openings in our service department!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Lube Technician is accountable
for performing the duties and responsibilities described below. The list,
however, is not necessarily an exhaustive description of the duties and
responsibilities associated with the job. The Technician also performs
other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Perform minor maintenance, e.g.,
changing engine oil and filters.
- Perform complete vehicle maintenance
inspection including tires, brakes, and all fluid levels.
- Communicate appropriate customer
vehicle repair and maintenance recommendations to the service advisor
- Utilizes all available information
to ensure proper resolution.
- Completes orders within specified
time frame and notifies appropriate personnel if otherwise.
- Coordinates with the Parts
Department to ensure availability of parts.
- Completes all repair orders
according to dealership policy.
- Reviews and evaluates service write-up
to determine if additional information is necessary.
- Understands and uses new systems or
processes implemented by the dealership.
- Understands and complies with
federal, state, and local regulations, such as safety requirements,
hazardous waste disposal, OSHA, Right-to-Know, etc.
- Presents self as a positive role
model by demonstrating commitment to the Service Department, customers,
dealership and company.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork
within the Service Department and other departments.
- Communicates verbally and
non-verbally clearly, concisely and with enthusiasm in one-on-one and
- Listens actively to understand
- Assists Service Advisors to explain
repairs to customers as needed.
- Assists other technicians as needed.
- Establishes and maintains good
working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral
- Ensures that customer complaints are
handled tactfully, promptly, with genuine concern, and according to
- Takes the initiative to exceed
customer satisfaction, even if it requires overcoming obstacles.
- Provides clear and legible record of
service completed for both customer and dealership use.
- Collects the necessary information
(e.g., model year, etc.) before requesting parts.
- Submits all claims promptly.
- Performs road tests to ensure
repairs are completed properly.
- Ensures the cleanliness of
- Performs multiple tasks
simultaneously in order to meet and exceed deadlines and expectations.
- Prioritizes work to ensure all
deadlines are met.
- Seeks new and challenging
- Performs preventive maintenance,
cleaning and repairs of dealership tools and equipment.
- Diagnoses vehicles using appropriate
tools, equipment and resources.
- Provides technical advice and
information to others as needed.
- Keeps up-to-date on all industry
- Strives to increase technical
knowledge (e.g., obtaining certifications).
- Walking about the dealership
- Using hand and/or power tools and
equipment consistent with industry standards
- Bending, stretching, crawling,
reaching and climbing
- Lifting up to 70 lbs.
- Using physical and manual dexterity
- Using computers to look up and enter
- Basic mechanical understanding of an
- Experience as an express/quick lube
technician preferred but not required.
- Operate a wide variety of cars,
light trucks, and vans, with ability to drive both manual and automatic
- Strong organizational skills and
- A team player who is focused on
providing exemplary customer service.
This job requires a valid driver's license
You will be required to complete a