We have openings in our service department!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Lube Technician is accountable for performing the duties and
responsibilities described below. The list, however, is not necessarily
an exhaustive description of the duties and responsibilities associated
with the job. The Technician also performs other duties and
responsibilities as needed.
- Perform minor maintenance, e.g., changing engine oil and filters.
- Perform complete vehicle maintenance inspection including tires, brakes, and all fluid levels.
- Communicate appropriate customer vehicle repair and maintenance recommendations to the service advisor liaison.
- Utilizes all available information to ensure proper resolution.
- Completes orders within specified time frame and notifies appropriate personnel if otherwise.
- Coordinates with the Parts Department to ensure availability of parts.
- Completes all repair orders according to dealership policy.
- Reviews and evaluates service write-up to determine if additional information is necessary.
- Understands and uses new systems or processes implemented by the dealership.
- Understands and complies with federal, state, and local
regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal,
OSHA, Right-to-Know, etc.
- Presents self as a positive role model by demonstrating commitment to the Service Department, customers, dealership and company.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within the Service Department and other departments.
- Communicates verbally and non-verbally clearly, concisely and with enthusiasm in one-on-one and group interactions.
- Listens actively to understand others completely.
- Assists Service Advisors to explain repairs to customers as needed.
- Assists other technicians as needed.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Ensures that customer complaints are handled tactfully, promptly,
with genuine concern, and according to dealership's guidelines.
- Takes the initiative to exceed customer satisfaction, even if it requires overcoming obstacles.
- Provides clear and legible record of service completed for both customer and dealership use.
- Collects the necessary information (e.g., model year, etc.) before requesting parts.
- Submits all claims promptly.
- Performs road tests to ensure repairs are completed properly.
- Ensures the cleanliness of customers' vehicles.
- Performs multiple tasks simultaneously in order to meet and exceed deadlines and expectations.
- Prioritizes work to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Seeks new and challenging responsibilities.
- Performs preventive maintenance, cleaning and repairs of dealership tools and equipment.
- Diagnoses vehicles using appropriate tools, equipment and resources.
- Provides technical advice and information to others as needed.
- Keeps up-to-date on all industry information.
- Strives to increase technical knowledge (e.g., obtaining certifications).
- Walking about the dealership
- Using hand and/or power tools and equipment consistent with industry standards
- Bending, stretching, crawling, reaching and climbing
- Lifting up to 70 lbs.
- Using physical and manual dexterity
- Using computers to look up and enter data
- Basic mechanical understanding of an automobile.
- Experience as an express/quick lube technician preferred but not required.
- Operate a wide variety of cars, light trucks, and vans, with ability to drive both manual and automatic transmissions.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- A team player who is focused on providing exemplary customer service.
This job requires a valid driver's license
You will be required to complete a drug screening & background check
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $10.00 per hour