Summary: The Housekeeper is an energetic and highly motivated individual who is detail-oriented, flexible, and willing to take on non-routine cleaning and special projects as the need arises. The Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning, sanitizing, and stocking supplies for the dealership including, but not limited to, offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, kitchen/break/dining rooms, fitness facilities, customer lounge and public areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform general clean up of all areas of the building as directed
· Complete daily shift check off list
· Complete non-routine cleaning according to specified job orders
· Prepare dealership department orders for supplies
· Remove garbage and recycling daily and prepare bins for weekly pick-up
· Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests
· Check out and return dealership keys at beginning and end of shift, as assigned
· Secure, close and lock, all office/secure area doors during and at end of shift.
· Routine upkeep of exterior areas may include sidewalks, windows, etc.
· Other duties may include snow removal (i.e. shovel sidewalks, spread ice melt)
· Coordinates and works with co-workers, team members and other departments
· Follows all safety and security procedures
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Utilizing Fundamental Skills
Producing Quality Results
Communicating With and Valuing Others
Managing Demanding Situations
Applying Business and Technical Knowledge
· This position does not have any supervisory duties
Qualifications and Skills
· 2+ years janitorial type experience preferred
· Willingness to work early morning, late night or weekend shifts
· Capacity to take direction
· Strong attention to detail
· Able to drive automatic transmission vehicles
· Ability to consistently follow dedicated processes
· Able to work well as part of a team
· Reliable attendance is a must
· Able to work independently with minimal supervision
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to bend, kneel, squat, stand and lift heavy objects as needed
· Frequent walking required
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Subject to environmental conditions such as weather and temperature as position activities may occur inside and outside.
· Other environmental conditions may include noise, dust, other hazardous and non-hazardous materials