We are looking for technically skilled candidates with good problem-solving ability for the position of IT Technician. The duties of an IT Technician include being a reference point for all IT related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner, and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties.
IT Technicians are expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with colleagues from various departments and executive levels. They are required to listen to their technical needs, understand their problems, and implement solutions to them.
IT Technician Responsibilities:
1. Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability.
2. Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
3. Ensuring electrical safety standards are met.
4. Repairing or replacing damaged hardware.
5. Upgrading the entire system to enable compatible software on all computers.
6. Installing and upgrading anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level.
7. Performing tests and evaluations of new software and hardware.
8. Providing support to users and being the first point of contact for error reporting.
9. Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
10. Conducting daily backup operations.
11. Managing technical documentation.
IT Technician Requirements:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2. Good interpersonal skills.
3. Proficient in database programming and software installation.
4. Attention to detail.
5. Good problem-solving skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $12.00 per hour